The world has changed. Our commitment and dedication to rare diseases hasn’t. We resolve to work harder, think more creatively, and now more than ever, deliver meaningful solutions for the rare disease community.
This is our pledge – from our homes to yours.
Pledge4Rare @Home on Rare Disease Day!
Sanofi Genzyme has been a proud supporter of Rare Disease Day since it was established by the European Organization of Rare Disorders (EURORDIS) in 2008. Our signature campaign is Pledge4Rare, which encourages people to pledge to run or walk a kilometer (or mile) or more on Rare Disease Day in support of the rare disease community, and to share photos and videos on social media using the hashtag #Pledge4Rare.
This year the event has gone virtual. You can Pledge4Rare@Home and join us in raising awareness and support the rare disease community anytime February 26 - 28, 2021!
DOWNLOAD THE APP
There are 4Ways to Pledge4Rare This Year:
- Pledge4Rare @Home 5K Participant - Register to participate in the Pledge4Rare 5K happening February 26-28 and earn 5 kilometers toward our goal of 25,000 miles (~40,000 kilometers).
- Pledge4Rare @Home Supporter - Register as a supporter of the 5K participants and "earn" 5 kilometers toward our goal.
- “PledgeMyWay” Participant - Not a runner? Register as a “PledgeMyWay” participant and show your support in your own way with a yoga class, dance routine, or other activity and "earn" 5 kilometers toward our goal.
- Pledge Additional Miles - Log your additional training distance throughout the month of February. There’s no limit to how many miles you log or how many times you pledge during the month. Each pledge gets us closer to our goal. Note: you need to first register with one of the above options before you can start pledging additional miles.
Pledge your additional miles here: https://www.pledge4rare.com/pledge.html
- What is the Pledge4Rare @Home 5K? It is a virtual race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, or on the track. Join us at your own pace from your own place.
- When? Starting on Friday, February 26 "running" through Sunday, February 28.
- Where? You will race along a virtual course in Paris, France.
- How? Complete your 5K and visit https://www.pledge4rare.com/submitresults.html to post your results. Last year we surpassed our goal of 10,000 miles. This year our goal is 25,000 (~40,000 kilometers). Each pledge gets us closer to our goal. Remember, there’s no limit to how many miles you can log or how many times you can pledge during the month of February.
Pledge your additional miles here: https://www.pledge4rare.com/pledge.html.
- What if I don’t want to do the 5K? You can still show your support! Check out the 4Ways to Pledge4Rare section.
- Is there an app for Pledge4Rare@Home? Yes! From your smartphone, click this link to download the MYLAPS SportHive app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Search for the Pledge4Rare @Home event to unlock your digital experience for Pledge4Rare @Home. It features social media, interactive photo booth, finisher certificate and all information you need to know about the Pledge4Rare @Home.
- How do I claim my Pledge4Rare bib number? Bib numbers will be available to download from the MYLAPS SportHive Live app through the Pledge4Rare @Home event beginning on Friday, February 19. If you register after Friday, February 19 please allow 24 hours for your bib number to be available to download.
About Rare Disease Day
There are more than 7,000 different rare diseases, collectively affecting more than 350 million people around the world. Given their rarity, these conditions are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Patients can endure a long odyssey involving specialty doctors, tests, and misdiagnoses.
Rare Disease Day takes place on the last day of February each year. The main objective of Rare Disease Day is to raise awareness amongst the general public and decision-makers about rare diseases and their impact on patients' lives.
About Sanofi Genzyme
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families. Sanofi Genzyme is dedicated to improving rare disease patients’ access to early diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
We are committed to empowering the lives of patients with rare diseases by offering sustainable, transformative healthcare options.